Monday, August 18, 2008

My Dad's taken to the hospital!

Bobby, Maribel, and I had spent the morning on Alcatraz Island, when we got back to Fisherman's Wharf, we got a call from Anna telling us that my Dad had passed out and was taken to the hospital. After a few more phone calls, we learned that he may not make it, and we needed to wait and see what would happen. Our trip back to Roseville was in silence, because we were all in shock. I kept thinking in my head that I had to go home, but needed to see if I could make necessary arrangements. As soon as we arrived at the apartment in Roseville, I made a call to work to see if I could move some days around, so that I could go home, but still be able to keep my obligation at work. I was very fortunate that they understood, and allowed me to take a few days off. (I love this place)
I was able to catch a flight on the same plane Bobby and Maribel were going home in. Bob picked us up at the airport, and we went straight to the hosptal. My Dad was in the ICU, and looked like he had been in a train wreck, but the prognosis was good. He had a pacemaker placed due to an irregular heart rhythm. Thank God he was going to be OK.

No comments: